Saturday 26 April 2014

The Olivia Pope Work Strut

I always say it's not a dress that makes a woman but a woman that makes a dress. The "wrong" woman could make a $1M dress look like it cost $10 while the "right" woman makes a $10 dress look like $1M. Who is the right woman? One who has confidence and poise, who knows that she can accomplish anything she sets her mind to. While I am not a fan of the adultery and fornication in the scenes of the popular ABC show "Scandal", I love to see character Olivia Pope in her scenes. Her walk alone would make you do a double take. Being the "right" woman, everything she wears looks like it cost $1M.

Marie Claire showcased a number of Pope's outfits in their "Build Your Perfect Office Wardrobe a la Olivia Pope" article. Here are my picks.

From Marie Claire, Tagliatore suit

From Marie Claire, A.P.C. trench coat

Is it okay to say that Pope's trench coat is sexier than the posted A.P.C. trench coat? Her collar has something the A.P.C. one does not.

I'm a big fan of satin and silk tops and dresses. So I love this.
From Marie Claire, Elizabeth and James

This dress is cute but can't be rocked by everyone. So, please be careful. I bought something similar from BCBG Max Azria. It's lovely.
From Marie Claire, Sherri Hill gown





No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...