Saturday 12 July 2014

Colbie Caillat Doesn't Think You Should Try

I have always been a Colbie Caillat lover. No, I'm not gay, just saying. I find her soft voice soothing and her lyrics uplifting. I first fell in love with her when I heard her "Realize": "Take time to realize that your warmth is crashing down on in...If you just realize what I just realized..." I'm what my college friends used to call a hopeless romantic. Romantic behind closed doors (the awww's in books and movies) but cynical in real life. LOL. Colbie Caillat lets me be just that: my long flight, airplane medicine.

Well, mi dear Colbie is touching women with her new song "Try." She's saying we don't have to do too much to be beautiful or to love ourselves. Isn't that so true? Manis, pedis, so much makeup that you can barely feel your face? Let's not try too hard to be beautiful because what makes us beautiful really is on the inside.

Her cover photo of half-straight (no makeup) and half-made (mega-makeup) for Elle would cause you to do a double-take. It barely looks like the same person... smoky eyes on one side and something light on the other. How different do you look with your makeup? Do you need it?

Whatever, just be happy with you... 'cos she's happy with YOU. Xoxo!!

From Elle Magazine

Doesn't she remind you a bit of Celine Dion in one side of the pic, though?

From savpeople.com
 That's the professional Colbie. I usually see her dressed down in pictures...
From uthmag.com
 The chillin' Colbie I'm more used to. Know she just learned to play the piano? She's so laid back and cool!
From grammy.com
She's won the Grammy's y'all and still appears so humble. I don't ever want to try to hard to be beautiful on the outside. I'm beautiful already. So are you. Thanks Colbie for the reminder!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...