Wednesday 24 September 2014

Zinkata, Lagos


I remember the days when only Western fashion made the big waves in Nigeria. African made outfits were only "permitted" at traditional events like trad weddings and the like. Celebrities and the wealthy wanted to show off their Versaces, Guccis, Balenciagas and Ferragamos. These days, Africans specifically Nigerians are incredibly proud of its own designers. We have Jewel by Lisa, Bridget Awosika, Amede, etc., most of which are making waves internationally... and by that, I mean outside the African continent as well. It fills me up with pride and hope for a continent that could be much farther in wealth and standard of living than it is...

Anyway, as I often do, I was browsing through the bellanaija site the other day when I came across a lace outfit I love: in lime, red, etc. I had to blog about it. Apparently, a Nigerian stylist named Ezinne Chinkata opened a boutique in Lagos, where she sells a whole range of outfits that include Nigerian-made. I have never been to the store but if her outfits fit as well as what she has on below, sign me up. I'll be there. Anyway, if you'll be in Lagos anytime soon or if you live there, you may want to check out the boutique: Zinkata at 13b Awori Road, Dolphin Estate, Ikoyi, Lagos. Let me know how you find it... 



From bellanaija 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...