Wednesday 18 December 2013

"Bridget Awosika": A Fashion Force to be Reckoned With

Bridget Awosika is now a household name in Nigeria. She has indeed become a formidable force: her concepts and designs are tried and true. I have observed her work in pictures. Every time I see a Nigerian celebrity (like Eku Edewor, Tiwa Savage, Genevieve Nnaji etc.) donning an Awosika outfit, I check it out. I've observed her growth in designs.

This evening, as I was scrolling through Bella Naija: the go-to website for classy Nigerian gossip (if gossip can be made classy), wedding photos and stories, career advice, hot topics etc., I was flabbergasted, positively surprised and proud of a Bridget Awosika piece. Please see below. When you look at it, it may seem like just another outfit, but it's not. It has creativity written all over it: the cut, the silhouette, the choice of color, the choice of fabric FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!

Tiwa Savage in Bridget Awosika - December 2013 - BellaNaija 01
Bridget Awosika dress. Photo credit: Bella Naija


I am amazed. Absolutely positively amazed at her creation. Granted, I prefer it on the model than on Tiwa. But it still shouts "CREATIVE," feminine, chic to me, in both pictures. Sign me up. If it's not over my budget, I'd love to don it to an event. Like, say Music Meets Runway, this week in Lagos. Holla!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...